Saturday, July 24, 2010
World of Wiki
The only WIKI I ever used was wikipedia. I like the collaboration but have concern that anyone can post anything as content regardless of its reliability or verfiability and youth (or the not so youthful) take it as the TRUTH which may not be the case. Of course time has proven that to be the case with some information from sources considered reliable. It causes concern that so many public school age students race to wikipedia as their primary source of information. THAT SAId I can see useful purposes to the WIKI and have encouraged nursing faculty to give it a try as I have no students of my own to experiment on…with. I recently planned a camping experience for 20 Young Women aged 12-18 to enjoy the rain, heat and sweat of Iowa in late June (great fun…really), a wiki would have been a very useful way to conduct some of our planning especially food and resources.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment